Product Recalls & Withdrawals
Metcash is committed to ensuring its products meet the relevant consumer health and safety requirements.
While the supplier is fully responsible for removing unsatisfactory products from the market place, as part of the distribution chain, we share the responsibility for ensuring products are safe.
At all times, we aim to handle any recalls and withdrawals correctly and promptly to avoid placing consumers at risk.
Recalls and Withdrawals
During Business Hours (8.00am to 5.00pm)
- Complete the A&NZ Product Recall/Withdrawal Form
- Send the form to the Metcash Risk - Food Safety Team
To avoid complexity, inconvenience and cost for all parties,whenever possible, recall or withdrawal notification should be made during working hours and ideally well before 5.00pm on a Friday.
After Business Hours
For Food safety related urgent recalls, consumer complaint management - always first contact the Food Safety and Consumer Complaints Hotline on 1300 135 690.
For Urgent Recalls, and or Retail Customer recall issues - please follow up with Suzi Vasilev on 1800 119 920.
Important information on product recall and withdrawals is available from:
- The Australian Food and Grocery Council. Refer to the AFGC website www.afgc.org.au for futher information at the Product Recall section.
- The Food Standards Australia and New Zealand. Refer to www.foodstandards.gov.au at the Food Recall section.
- Efficient Consumer Response Australia at www.ecraustralasia.org.au
The following documents are part of the standardised procedures adopted by Australian and New Zealand suppliers, retailers and wholesalers.
- Australia and New Zealand Product Recall/Withdrawal Procedures
- Product Recall & Withdrawal Process Flowchart
- Contact List for Product Recalls
Comments or further information on these procedures and the associated contact information should be addressed to:
General Manager - Risk
Phone: (02) 9735 8206
Mobile 0418 405 288
Fax: (02) 9735 8201