Sourcing with Integrity
Responsible sourcing is a core principle that underpins our private label products, including our recently launched Community Co mid-tier private label brand.
Over the past 12 months we have delivered the following aspects of our Responsible Sourcing strategy, being:
- 100%, Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO) across our private label brands which includes a mix of mass balance and segregated palm oil.
- The sourcing of our Tuna using sustainable fishing methods (FAD Free).
- Ensuring that 100% of our private label brand tissues, toilet paper and kitchen towels are sourced from third-party certified sustainable sources.
- Introduced sow stall free pork within our Community Co range.
- Working towards 100% cage free eggs in our private label brands by 2018, which we remain on track to achieve.
Metcash remains a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and we continue to work with our suppliers to ensure that the palm oil used in Metcash private label products is from sustainable sources.
We are also committed to identifying the use of palm oil on label, on our private label products, thereby providing customers the choice to purchase products with palm oil.